Our Calgary office is hiring. The Survey Party Chief works on a variety of survey assignments both in Calgary and with options to travel to other sites around Alberta and the north. You will be collecting survey data with a variety of specialized equipment and working with our project managers and field resource manager to ensure all client requirements are met. The Survey Party Chief works on their own or with a survey assistant to complete field assignments for legal, engineering, and construction projects.
This position will be located out of Calgary, primarily working on local projects. However, there would opportunities to hop onto other Challenger projects on a temporary or rotational basis. Challenger Geomatics is an employee-owned geomatics firm and offers competitive compensation packages as well as significant opportunities for training and professional development.
- Administers a crew that conducts field surveys as defined by the project manager.
- Communicates effectively with the project manager and survey crew as well as client representatives and the general public when required.
- Interprets plans / maps with respect to survey assignment.
- Provides comprehensive survey notes/sketches, computations, and data in support of all field surveys.
- Performs all health and safety duties as identified in the company’s safety procedures.
- Ensures all company equipment and vehicles are properly operated and maintained.
- Skilled with the use of Leica GPS, Total Stations, Underground Locators and other survey equipment.
- Must have prior geomatics education or previous survey experience
- Previous construction experience is a must
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Any valid safety certificates an asset (i.e. H2S, First Aid, CSTS, Wildlife Awareness)
- Physical fitness is important as the party chief must walk long distances carrying heavy survey equipment
To apply for this job please visit challenger-geomatics.breezy.hr.