The Survey Party Chief works with our experienced project managers on a variety of survey assignments, but we are looking to add a colleague who also has at least five years of specialized experience with locating, primarily on plant sites.
This position will be located out of Sherwood Park with job sites throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan. The position will require you to be out of town sometimes for extended periods including staying in camps or hotels as needed.
- Administers a crew that conducts field surveys and locates underground facilities as defined by the project manager.
- Communicates effectively with the project manager and survey crew.
Is a leader who can provide mentorship and encouragement to develop others with their line locating skills.
- Provides comprehensive survey notes/sketches, computations, and data in support of all field surveys.
Performs all health and safety duties as identified in the company’s safety procedures.
- Ensures all company equipment and vehicles are properly operated and maintained.
- Skilled with the use of Leica GPS, Total Stations, Underground Locators and other survey equipment.
- Interprets plans / maps with respect to survey assignment.
- Must have prior geomatics education or previous survey experience
- Previous plant site experience is a must
- Advanced Line Locating or similar course work
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Any valid safety certificates are an asset (i.e. H2S, First Aid, CSTS, Wildlife Awareness)
- Physical fitness is important as the party chief must walk long distances carrying heavy survey equipment
To apply for this job please visit challenger-geomatics.breezy.hr.