POSITION SUMMARY Strike’s Cost Controllers provide administrative project management. They are responsible for overseeing cost activities on construction projects of all sizes. The cost controller analyzes and forecasts project costs and provides detailed project information related to contractual schedule, scope and cost, recommending improvements or corrective actions for the project. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety”, adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, act professional and amicable, and to treat others with dignity, respect, and fairness. PROJECT DETAILS
- Located in rocky Mountain House
- Shift work of 15 days on 6 days off
- Living allowance given
- Understand full project scope and reference documents, including contracts, reports, and drawings.
- Provide cost management, maintenance, and reporting.
- Support site managers and supervisors in interpreting contracts and schedules.
- Maintain document controls such as RFIs, scope changes, trends, drawings, etc.
- Log and track all Change Orders and Trends.
- Maintain logs for material requisitions, purchase orders, construction equipment owner/leased and rented, fuel, scope changes, trends, document transmittals, etc.
- Degree in Engineering with specialization in Project Management or Cost Control related training.
- Technical diploma in Project Management or Cost Control related training.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Technically strong in project cost planning, scheduling and reporting.
- Knowledge in the use of MS Project, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.
- Independent worker who requires minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.