We are looking for a construction Foreman to fill an immediate opening, this is a fulltime, temporary position as it is project based. The foreman will be responsible for a variety of supervisory duties related to water and sewer, deep servicing and civil works.
- Co-ordinate, schedule and manage a crew of anywhere from 6-20 employees successfully
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of underground water and sewer construction
- Develop site specific work plans and 2 week look ahead with management
- Create and sustain the project schedule through planning of personnel, timely coordination of equipment and materials
- Ensure compliance with all safety and quality requirements in accordance with contract documents, legislation and company policies
- Engage in professional interactions with subcontractors, suppliers and consultants
- Complete daily & weekly project documentation and submit to the office
- Lead daily safety meetings with crew
- Report and follow proper company procedure for incidents and near misses
- Mentor and coach crew personnel with technical aspects of the work, as well as safety competencies
- Lead by example and support corporate policies through one’s actions
- Perform additional assignments as required
- GED or High School Diploma
- Completion of or working on a post-secondary diploma in construction management, civil engineering technology or related industry training/certification is considered an asset
- 8+ years of experience with water & sewer construction preferably in a supervisory role; a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered
- Working knowledge of health and safety requirements to perform work in accordance with all aspects of occupational health & safety legislation
- Experience with the installation of all aspects of water, sewer & storm systems pertaining to subdivisions, municipal infrastructure, rehabilitation work as well as new installations
- Experience with utility locates and working around existing utilities
- Experience with various survey techniques and the ability to read grades and complete project layout
- Experience with other scopes of construction is an asset (earthworks, concrete, bridge work, structural, industrial, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret contracts, price schedules, contract drawings and grades
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Current Standard First Aid, Confined Space, Ground Disturbance, Hoisting & Rigging, H2S and WHMIS training certificates will be considered an asset
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license and satisfactory driver’s abstract are required. A valid Class 1 or Class 3 license is considered an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates who live in or within close proximity to Peace River, Alberta
- This position is identified as safety sensitive and may be required to complete a client required pre-access drug and alcohol test prior to commencing work on specific projects.
- Some out of town and extended working hours will be required
- Majority of work conducted outdoors in diverse weather and ground conditions
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Roska DBO and this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Roska DBO Inc. is a customer-focused operations company with a 20+ year’s track record offering expertise in production and equipment solutions on well sites and facilities. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, with a network of locations, Roska serves all of western and northern Canada, plus selected U.S. and international markets, with a primary focus on the Alberta/ B.C. region.
In addition to fulfilling the contract operating needs of oil and gas producing, midstream and pipeline companies, Roska Designs, Builds and Operates well-site facilities, rents equipment and provides Production Testing and flowback services using a company-owned well testing fleet. When you join the Roska Team, the sky is the limit!
To apply for this job please visit roskadbo.catsone.com.