- Monitoring geotechnical parameters to provide quality control in accordance with design and sampling/testing specifications.
- Completing advanced soil sampling and compaction testing using a portable nuclear gauge.
- Interpreting design and IFC drawings, as well as material and construction specifications.
- Storing, transporting and maintaining nuclear densometers.
- Developed understanding of radiation safety, policies and procedures.
- Reporting on technical construction monitoring observations and results and providing guidance during construction.
- Adhering to quality control, documentation, and data management procedures.
- Contributing to standardized procedures and policies, as well as the identification and execution of shared goals and objectives.
- Troubleshooting technical issues in the field to consistently deliver high quality results.
- Demonstrating proficiency in the competencies outlined in the applicable Core Competency Profile.
- Working knowledge of geotechnical material testing equipment and soil sampling.
- Operating light vehicles (4×4 pickups) and/or all-terrain vehicles to gain access to construction areas located throughout the mine.
- Identifying and engaging with key stakeholders to gather information and background.
- Participating and following site-specific Health Safety Environment (HSE) policies and that the safety standard procedures are strictly adhered to with the goal of achieving zero workplace incidents and promotion of a safe work environment for all.
- Participating in daily tailgate meetings.
- Identifying and reporting hazards and unsafe conditions and seek to improve safety with reference to known policies and procedures.
- Documenting significant events or observations related to the job (i.e. Environmental, Hazard ID, Job Observations, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit www.brunel.net.