Vertex is currently accepting applications for a full time, permanent Class 1 Driver/Operator Trainer to join the MAD Oilfield Solutions team in Lac La Biche, Alberta.
The trainer position at MAD and is responsible to develop and deliver MAD specific training to team members. This position is responsible for ensuring excellent communication between the departments to confirm that workers have been properly trained, are safely able to fulfill their roles, and have had access to proper mentoring and guidance. The organization may assign additional duties as required within the scope of the position.
Position Title: Class 1 Driver / Operator Trainer
Benefits: After successful completion of 3-month probation period
Position location: Work all over Northern Alberta
Job Scope: 80% Yard & In-Field Training, 20% Administrative Work
Camp: MAD Camp located in Lac La Biche / Customer Provided Camp
Shift Rotation: TBD
Living Accommodation: Camp – fully serviced with camp attendants and meals
- Class 1 License
- Competent on the many different vac equipments & class 1 equipment such as end/side dumps, semi vacs, combo units, hydro vacs, body vacs, sour seal, tankers & super b’s considered an asset
- Proficient on Microsoft Excel and Word, be able to create PowerPoint presentations and be able to present to a crowd
- Continuous self-development within the role to ensure you stay proficient with all requirements of the position
- Several years of progressive experience in oilfield services operations
- Excellent working knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety, Alberta driving regulations
- Excellent knowledge of Alberta Logbook Legislation, be willing to attend training to become an auditor
- Attend leadership training
- Valid certificates: MAD TDG, WHMIS & BEAR, H2S, First Aid, CSTS 20, CSO, Fall Protection, Confined Space.
- Friendly & Professional
- A passion for continuous learning and to see people succeed
- Innovative thinking
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills
- Conflict Resolution skills
- Flexible to different learning styles
- Ability to assess training needs for all experience levels
- Enthusiastic about training
- Ability to develop and update training needs in line with business needs
- Be able to give and receive constructive criticism
- Determine and update training and development needs for operations
- Develop, deliver, coordinate and implement training and orientation
- Monitor and report on training and orientation programs
- Conduct field evaluations and provide input into performance evaluations
- This position will be based out of the MAD Camp located in Lac La Biche, Alberta.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided after a 3-month probation period.
When applying please indicate the following information on your application:
Job Requisition: 008-01
Job Title: Class 1 Driver/Operator Trainer
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.