COOP STUDENT – FACILITY ENGINEER
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
AltaGas is seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and motivated engineering student for an 8 or 16-month cooperative term. As a cooperative student, you can expect a variety of assignments and projects, continuous learning, training and mentoring. The position will be located at Calgary or Edmonton but may require field travel to the various facilities within Alberta and Northeast BC.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide technical support and assist with projects and assignments provided
- Interface with internal resources to develop engineering deliverables
- Process trouble shooting and optimization
- Reviewing and redlining P&IDs, PFDs
- Create specifications and targets, and safe operating limits.
- Initiate and develop small MOC project(s)
What you must have:
- 3rd year Bachelor of Science or Engineering; preferably Mechanical or Chemical
- Demonstrated team player with strong organization, analytical, time management and customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- A positive attitude with a desire to learn and embrace change
- Self-starter with a proactive approach
- Familiarity with oil and gas terminology will be considered an asset
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.