POSITION SUMMARY The Coating Foreman provides leadership and is responsible for, although not limited to: scheduling, workforce planning, coordinating, supervising, assisting in cost control and ensuring the safety, proper apprentice training and productivity of crews at the workface who install/apply coating applications. PROJECT DETAILS/ LOCATION
- Buffalo Creek Project
- This is a camp location, located 1.5 Hours from Wabasca, AB.
- Bussing to and from site is provided.
- Shift rotation is 21 days on/ 7 days off
- Blasting/painting/coating material to the required specifications
- Troubleshooting issues with field sandblast unit, compressor, blastpot, hose etc.
- Select appropriate coating and mix as per manufacturers specifications
- Testing the atmosphere and paint/coating thicknesses and filling out the required documentation
- Holiday testing when required and filling out the proper documentation
- Completing jobs in a timely manner meeting set deadlines
- Coordinate with onsite client representatives
- Working safely and maintaining a clean working environment
- Clean equipment and perform routine maintenance
- Identify needs and deficiencies in the plan/schedule and communicate this to the appropriate people
- Ensure quality and inspection of installation
- Apply project procedures, work site policies and collective agreement requirements
- Complete quality reports and required statistics
- Inform the Superintendent of any out of scope work. Working in conjunction with the Superintendent to assign cost and time line to out of scope work. Provide crews with adequate supervision to accomplish tasks in a safe effective manner
- Ensure all workers receive the proper training and review and approve worker time cards
- Reporting on crew production, work progress and change
- Completing quality control reports when required
- Recommending personnel actions such as hiring, promotions and corrective action
- Knowing, understanding, communicating and ensuring compliance with the safety regulations (Occupational Health and Safety Regulation and Code) and safety policies and procedures·
- Supporting job training for apprentices and facilitating mentoring of apprentices by journeymen
- Participates in and monitors “safety meetings”
- Identifying, verifying and reporting any scheduling conflicts with other crews and contractors to the appropriate persons
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience as a qualified and competent trades person in coating
- 2+ years of directly related work experience operating various types of equipment
- Three (3) years’ experience as a qualified and competent Foreman
- NACE Level 2 is required.
- Familiar with all underground CSA coating requirements
- High School Diploma required.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license is required
- Knowledgeable in conventional and airless spray applications area
- Journeyman trade certification in a relevant trade preferred
- Able to provide a negative pre-employment drug and alcohol test
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- You are safety focused when it comes to people and equipment
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Experience with trouble shooting issues in the field
- Ability to work well in both independent and team environments and manage multiple tasks while working under minimal supervision
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations across Alberta and Saskatchewan. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.