Commercial Communications Advisor
Reference Code: 92208
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Communications/Marketing
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 10/22/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Our Operations Planning Department is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Calgary to support Capacity Management.
We are seeking a Commercial Communications Advisor who has knowledge and experience in facilitating externally facing operational engagement and acting as a liaison between departments. As a Commercial Communication Advisor, you will have proven experience in facilitating external facing operational engagement and act as a conduit between the Commercial Marketing and Operations Planning organizations. This position is critical to ensuing quality and consistent external engagement and allows the Operations Planning team to effectively focus on Commercial Operations priorities of outage execution and capacity enablement. This role provides the opportunity to expand your knowledge of the Canadian regulated pipeline business and the natural gas industry.
What you’ll do
- Be accountable for any externally facing communication and the external communication processes related to Operations Planning. External communications may include Customer Express bulletins, Customer Operations Meetings and customer requests for reporting
- Act as a conduit between the Commercial Marketing and Operations Planning and be the single point of contact for customer and marketing support related to Commercial Operational inquiries
- Partner with Outage Planners for accurate information in order to respond to inquiries effectively and in a timely manner
- Develop, present and update the team site for the daily operational briefing to the Commercial, Nominations and Field Managers, ensuring accuracy and identifying / actioning enhancement and streamline opportunities
- Attend all Customer Operations Action Team meetings and manage all development and execution of related initiatives
- Manage operational data tracking and related reporting and complete monthly tracking and reporting of all externally communicated outages, notification dates and variance for outage metrics compliance
- Provide background on operational highlights and identifying noteworthy upcoming outages for internal leader communications
- Develop inputs, assumptions and the STFT (Short term Firm Transport) process for all monthly and ad hoc evaluations of capacity availability and associated risks
- Facilitate the monthly outage forecast meeting to provide general awareness of upcoming outages and gain feedback on issues or opportunities and provide input on DOP (Daily Operating Plan) outage communications, ensuring effective socialization and compliance
- Relevant post-secondary education, preferably a bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Management, Economics, Engineering or related
- Six (6) or more years related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to establish effective and relevant relationships with customers and internal stakeholders to achieve business goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work effectively in a rapidly changing environment with changing priorities
- Demonstrated team player
- Ability to understand both commercial and operational principles, and an ability to articulate those effectively to external parties and senior management
- Familiarity with Canadian pipeline systems and transportation services and understanding of supply and market fundamentals in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin
- Demonstrated business acumen, including a strong understanding of key business issues for natural gas producers, markets and storage
- Working knowledge of the NGTL operations (including flow paths, linepack management, operational tools and processes) or experience with a similarly complex system and existing Tariff services and natural gas markets
- Ability to lead, influence and have an impact without direct authority
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 10/22/2021 using reference code 92208. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.