COMMERCIAL REPRESENTATIVE – COMMERCIAL ASSET MANAGEMENT
Why work at AltaGas?
AltaGas is a North American energy infrastructure company with a focus on owning and operating assets that provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. Our talented team, nearly 3,000 strong, leverages the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses to new markets around the world.
We deliver clean and affordable natural gas to approximately 1.6 million customers’ homes and businesses through regulated natural gas distribution utilities across five jurisdictions in the United States and two regulated natural gas storage utilities in the United States. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Manager, Commercial Asset Management, as the Commercial Representative, you will have the opportunity to put your negotiation and collaboration skills to work while identifying new business opportunities. It will be an exciting position for someone who is a relationship builder and prides themselves on their high level of customer service.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain an unrelenting focus on our customers and partners
- Support the Commercial Asset Management team with respect to all business operations for Natural Gas Division Facilities
- Build and maintain complex asset level financial models to evaluate capital projects and various asset evaluations
- Identify, evaluate, and negotiate new business opportunities while working cohesively with Business Development Team on gas processing / liquids infrastructure / new energy (CCUS / hydrogen / electrification) evaluations
- Collaboration with asset team (Finance, Legal, Operations, Major Projects, Commodity Risk, and Business Development) to ensure Commercial objectives are met while identifying and implementing asset optimization opportunities
- Assist in annual budgeting and strategic planning for assigned areas of responsibility within the Midstream group
- Coordinate and complete both internal and external information requests from various stakeholders
- Spearhead negotiation of contracts, evaluation of business opportunities, and management of customer relationships
- Maintain a strong understanding of current news and events that affect natural gas liquids, natural gas, and crude oil markets and their potential impacts on AltaGas’ business
- Managing terms and conditions of existing and new commercial agreements
What you must have:
- Relevant university degree in Engineering, Commerce or Economics are preferred however relevant experience or related education will also be considered
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and knowledge in the Gas Processing, Midstream and/or Oil & Gas Production preferred; Upstream E&P experience and/or previous experience with a focus on NEBC Montney is considered a plus
- Outstanding customer service and relationship building experience/skills
- Advanced working knowledge of GeoScout; asset planning software (i.e. ValNav) is considered a plus
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail, proven ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet critical deadlines
- Strong communication, critical thinking, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Motivated individual able to work independently and as a team player
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.