Requisition Id: 24928
Department: Commercial Services Department
The Conventional Pipeline Business Unit (CBU), part of Pembina’s Pipeline Division, is comprised of a strategically located network of pipeline assets and related infrastructure, including various hubs and terminals. This network transports crude oil, condensate and NGL across much of Alberta and parts of British Columbia, Saskatchewan and North Dakota.
The Conventional Pipeline Busines Unit (CBU) is seeking a Representative, Customer Service in the Calgary, Alberta location. Reporting to the Manager, Customer Service the Representative, Customer Service will work directly with customers, as well as working in cross-functional teams throughout the Pembina organization.
Summary of Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities, deliverables, and accountabilities includes, but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with existing and potential customers;
- Applying analytical and problem-solving skills in addressing a variety of customer opportunities, requests, and concerns in mutually beneficial manner;
- Negotiating and structuring of transactions and commercial arrangements, and understanding of complex contractual arrangements;
- Drafting, developing, and analyzing commercial proposals and commercial contracts for presentation to senior management and customers;
- Identifying, evaluating and executing on new commercial opportunities and initiatives for new business strategies and revenue opportunities, including optimization of existing pipeline systems, incremental volume throughput opportunities;
- Working collaboratively with a cross-functional team comprised of logistics, engineering, financial, legal and other functional groups to provide high quality customer service;
- Identifying and quantifying project risks and developing mitigation strategies;
- Monitoring and evaluating of producer information and industry trends, identification of incremental value opportunities;
- Working with other Pembina business units on integrated growth opportunities; and
- Participating in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Business, Engineering, or Legal degree (or a combination of other relevant 4-year degree and practical experience);
- Minimum 5 years related industry experience;
- Direct commercial or business development experience;
- Solid knowledge of the Alberta Oil and Gas industry and pipeline operations;
- Experience in contract negotiation, preparation, analysis and execution;
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external parties up to and including the Senior Executive level;
- Strong analytical skills with solid business and financial acumen, familiarity with economic analysis of alternatives and selection of premium opportunities;
- Proven ability to establish strong internal and external relationships; and
- Energetic, resilient, collaborative, and goal-oriented.
We offer competitive compensation; including base incentive bonus, pension & savings plans, health benefits, employee development programs to support personal development and career progression and, a hybrid work arrangement, in an environment that is equitable, diverse, and inclusive.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement or volunteer opportunities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2022), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2022) and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.