PetroChina Canada (PCC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of PetroChina Company Limited which is partially owned by China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), a state-owned enterprise. CNPC is China’s largest oil company and the world’s third largest oil company, operating 91 energy-related projects in over 35 countries and regions. PCC has invested billions of dollars in an asset-rich portfolio of upstream, midstream and downstream operations. In Alberta, this includes our MacKay River and Dover oil sands projects, Duvernay Shale Gas and a 50% interest in the Grand Rapids Pipeline. In British Columbia, we hold joint venture interests in the Groundbirch tight gas project and LNG Canada.
Why join our team?
• Competitive base salary and variable pay that rewards individual, team, and company performance.
• Comprehensive benefits and retirement savings programs that holistically support employee well-being.
• Support and empowerment to promote work/life balance.
• Multicultural workplace which actively supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
• On the job training, informal mentorships, company-sponsored job-specific training, and formal education programs.
PCC is currently looking for a Completions and Workovers Technologist.
Reporting to the Manager, Drilling and Completions, the Completions and Workovers Technologist will be the operational focal point for the Oil Sands Completions & Workover execution. This includes but not limited to, HSSE, operations and planning and cost control. This position is based in our Calgary office.
• Ensure equipment meets or exceeds PCC’s and industry/regulatory requirements
• Ensure all HSSE protocols are communicated and well understood
• Provide direction regarding HSSE incident investigation and report findings to avoid similar situations
• Create and align HSSE metrics and requirements with the HSSE department
Operations and Planning:
• Identify and execute the equipment required, layout and logistics to set up for Completion & Workovers & Abandonments for SAGD, thermal OB wells and water wells
• Develop workflows to optimize the operations. With the D&C Engineer, conduct CWOP’s to identify issues prior to execution and after-action reviews once projects are complete
• Assess Completions & Workovers performance; capture and implement opportunities for improvement with D&C Engineers
• Ensure all licenses and regulatory requirements have been met prior to execution and that best practices are being followed
• Create key performance indicators and reports/presentations to effectively manage the operations
• Coordinate with field-based teams including morning calls and field visits
• Assist in the creation of scopes of work
• Review programs and support the SCM process
• Monitor costs and work with the D&C Engineer to develop cost estimates, timelines and planning
• Conduct vendor business reviews and assessments
• Along with the D&C Engineer, reconcile all costs with Wellview to SAP
• Review and approve/decline invoices and track against the AFE
• Support the budgeting process
• Tickets required: Well service BOP, Coil Tubing BOP, SLSWC
• Post-secondary Diploma in a related field is required
• Post-secondary Degree in a related field will be considered an asset
• Registration or the ability to be accredited with ASET, APEGA or equivalent is required
• 7+ years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of Regulatory reporting requirements for Completions & Workovers
• In depth understanding of IRP 7 and Directives for Completions & Workovers
• Experience with Wellview and Siteview
• Experience in leading dispersed teams is considered an asset
• In depth understanding of HSSE for thermal Oil Sands Completions & Workovers
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well with diverse personalities and work force
• Ability to forge, grow and maintain positive relationships with multiple groups
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities, capable of handling pressure and challenges in a dynamic business environment
• Ability to work within tight deadlines and prioritization of work to achieve them
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Adoption and demonstration of PCC Values (Honorable, Unified, Passionate, Accountable)
To apply for this job please visit petrochinacanada.startdate.ca.