Conifer Energy Inc. is a new entrant to the Canadian energy marketplace supported by senior industry professionals and an exemplary operations staff. At inception, our production exceeds 8,000 boe/d and produces energy from the best reservoirs in the province of Alberta not only for recovery but also for future carbon capture, utilization, and storage potential.
We are currently recruiting for a Pipeline Integrity Coordinator at our Judy Creek Production Complex. Reporting to the Integrity Manager and working closely with field operations, engineering and construction, the Pipeline Integrity Coordinator role provides the opportunity to manage the pipeline integrity program associated with all Conifer assets.
- Perform the necessary duties outlined in the corporate pipeline operating and maintenance manual
- Work with engineering to update annual risk assessments of all oil, gas and water pipeline systems and implement internal and external risk mitigations as required
- Coordinate and provide technical direction to service providers regarding chemical mitigation, cathodic protection, protective coatings, pipeline inspections, monitoring and other mitigation programs as assigned
- Supervise and direct construction crews during pipeline inspections and repair work
- Provide design and support for pipeline reactivation, discontinuation, and abandonment
- Coordinate and forecast pipeline inspection frequencies
- Provide practical technical solutions for new pipeline installations and existing pipeline repairs
- Provide input to pipeline incident reports involving product release
- Develop strategies for optimization and continuous improvement of pipeline integrity systems
- Develop an annual pipeline integrity budget
- Maintain and monitor compliance with provincial pipeline regulations
- Liaise with regulatory authorities, integrity vendors, engineering contractors, and inspection contractors to manage pipeline integrity-related issues
- Ensure all construction and field modifications meet the requirements of all applicable codes, standards and regulations
- 5-10 years of pipeline experience, with at least five of those years specifically in pipeline integrity
- Experience in field operations, pipeline design, construction, and maintenance
- Experience with pipeline integrity assessment and implementation of pipeline risk mitigations
- NACE certification (General Corrosion, Cathodic Protection, Internal Corrosion)
- Proven understanding of pipeline defect assessment, evaluation, and repair
- Experience with CSA Z662 and a strong knowledge of Alberta oil and gas pipeline regulations
- Excellent communication, organizational and team working skills complemented by a strong work ethic
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AbaData
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license
- Preference will be given to those candidates that reside in the Whitecourt/Swan Hills area
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
Conifer Energy Inc.