Contract Analyst – Market Risk Reporting
Reference Code: 96881
Location: Canada (CA) -Calgary, AB
Job Category: Risk Management
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 12/23/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Our Contract Risk team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Calgary, Alberta to support contract analyst trading activities within our broader Risk Management department.
We are seeking a resourceful and detail-oriented Contract Analyst who has knowledge and experience in in contract management, contract administration, and regulatory reporting. You will have the ability to work collaboratively with Trading, Scheduling, Legal, Compliance, Accounting, Technology, Risk Management, among many other stakeholder groups.
What you will do
Support marketing and trading activities by providing contract management, contract administration, and reporting functions.
- Contract Management:
- Coordinate and monitor contract documentation workflow and priorities among various internal and external stakeholders and ensure all documentation complies with relevant corporate and contract policies and procedures
- Communicate directly with counterparties regarding requests for new marketing and trading agreements and related counterparty documentation
- Prepare execution documentation including obtaining required internal approvals and signatures and ensuring that all required corporate documents are sent and received
- Contract Administration:
- Create, maintain and disable counterparty profiles and contracts in internal trading systems to ensure supporting documentation and executed contracts are complete
- Maintain commercial contract data in company record management systems
- Provide timely, accurate and complete contract review, escalating issues as required
- Other Activities:
- Contribute to the continuous development and enhancement of operational processes and controls
- Support and respond to internal and external audit requests
- Coordinate the addition of brokers, counterparties, and new accounts
- Provide exceptional service when interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in the testing of trading system implementation and upgrade
- Perform all other duties as required
- Degree or business diploma in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of 7 years energy trading contract administration experience
- Understanding of standard financial and physical commodity trading contracts
- Experience with Energy Trading and Risk Management Systems such as Endur, EKA, etc.
- Experience with Adobe, Microsoft Word & Excel, OpenText, DocuSign would be an asset
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, resourceful and able to solve problems
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Work cooperatively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 12/23/2021 using reference code 96881. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.