InPlay Oil Corp. is a junior oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in Alberta focused on light oil production. The Company operates long-lived, low-decline properties with drilling development and enhanced oil recovery potential as well as undeveloped lands with exploration possibilities. The common shares of InPlay trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol IPO and the OTCQX under the symbol IPOOF. See website for further details. https://www.inplayoil.com/
Job Title: Contracts Analyst
Location: Calgary, Alberta
The successful candidate will be responsible for both mineral lease and contracts administration in the defined operating area(s).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Setup, input and maintenance of both mineral lease and contract files into land system and ensure files are up to date and accurate
- Coordinate the reporting of mineral lease expiries, recommendations and required continuation applications
- Draft, review and process Independent Operations Notices, Notice of Assignments, Change of Operator, Abandonment Notices and Right of First Refusals
- Accurate tracking of contractual commitments and obligations
- Preparation and submission of Alberta crown land sale postings and bids
- Process monthly mineral Alberta crown and freehold lease rentals
- Approving, coding and processing of third party invoices
- Preference given to those with experience in drafting, reviewing and interpretation of key mineral land contractual agreements such as Purchase and Sale, Asset Exchange, Farmout, Quit Claim, Working Interest Clarification and Joint Operating Agreements.
- Preference to those with experience in A&D coordination
- Performing other related duties and special projects as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or certificate in Petroleum Land Administration (or equivalent) and applied experience
- Minimum 5-10 years of progressive mineral land administrative experience working within Canada
- Strong working knowledge of CAPL Operating Procedures, CAPL Farmout and Royalty Procedure and CAPL Property Transfer Procedure
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, CGI Land, CS Explorer, Accumap, ETS and Spin II.
The Company offers a rewarding work environment with competitive compensation and benefits package.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Contracts Analyst” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.