Coordinator, Midstream Operations
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Midstream Operations, this position enhances the effectiveness of the SVP by providing professional, efficient and effective coordination, administrative and time management support . In addition, the position focuses on the coordination of monthly and quarterly reporting, planning activities, performing detailed financial analysis, designing and implementing new processes and the communication of critical business analysis. To be successful in this position, you will require analytical and problem-solving skills accompanied with excellent communication skills. This is an exciting and demanding position for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, flexible, creative and organized professional with excellent computer, project and customer service skills. The successful incumbent has an ongoing focus on continuous improvement and demonstrated ability to use initiative, exercise good judgment, prioritize effectively and work with sensitive, critical and confidential matters.
The right candidate faces each day with optimism. They have an exceptional work ethic and a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail. They are flexible, adaptable to change, a proactive multi-tasker, and are adept at forging relationships and interacting positively with all levels of the organization. Commitment, self-reliance and an ability to work with limited supervision while still exercising good judgment are imperative. This candidate takes initiative and always goes the extra mile, supporting the team by tackling projects and needed tasks no matter how small, with a positive attitude and image at all times.
What you’ll be doing:
- Gather and validate financial and non-financial information for monthly and quarterly reporting, consolidation of the annual budgets and monthly outlook
- Partner with the operational accountants, financial analysts and business leaders to gather and validate assumptions underlying the financial and non-financial KPIs to enhance the quality of the planning and budgeting deliverables
- Provide timely, accurate and meaningful interpretation and analysis of the consolidated results
- Maintain a high level of understanding of business operations and its impact on the results
- Prepare key presentation materials for AltaGas’ senior management and Board of Directors
- Collaborate to develop/prepare effective and impactful reporting and data visualization by utilizing various tools such as Hyperion, Quicklaunch, PowerBI
- Ensure well-coordinated, efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the SVP’s office
- Plan and work proactively to anticipate and address the needs of the SVP related to daily and future activities
- Manage the SVP’s appointment schedule; plan and schedule meetings, conferences, conference calls; manage itineraries and make travel and hotel arrangements, reserve meeting rooms, coordinate meeting requirements and presentations
- Exercise excellent professional judgment and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Handle requests from field offices and act as a liaison for Field Administrative Assistants
- Arrange appropriate travel and accommodations consistent with the corporate travel policy
- Code invoices, prepare purchase requisitions and expense reports
- Review invoicing for accuracy, validity and appropriate documentation, then submission for payment
- Strive to develop and implement ongoing efficiencies
- Complete special project ad-hoc analysis as required
- Edit project governance documentation and templates as required
- Prepare weekly dashboard packages
- Review and update contact information for all vendors monthly
- Draft correspondence to inquiries as assigned
- Other projects as assigned
What you must have:
- Bachelor of Commerce (finance or accounting) or similar post-secondary education
- Confident, detail orientated and enthusiastic team player with superior interpersonal, communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities, regularly taking on new responsibilities.
- Excellent financial modeling ability through utilizing Microsoft Excel to create new planning models and achieve timely and focused analytical conclusions
- Advanced Skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Energy industry experience
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and work effectively under deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact effectively with different personality types
Where you’ll be working:
This position is located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB, Canada. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101 .
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a Person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.