COORDINATOR, TERMINAL OPERATIONS – RIPET
Why work at AltaGas?
AltaGas is a North American energy infrastructure company with a focus on owning and operating assets that provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. Our talented team, nearly 3,000 strong, leverages the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses to new markets around the world.
We deliver clean and affordable natural gas to approximately 1.6 million customers’ homes and businesses through regulated natural gas distribution utilities across five jurisdictions in the United States and two regulated natural gas storage utilities in the United States. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
This position is responsible for maintaining and supporting all Operations responsibilities. In alignment with the Operations Superintendent, managing shift teams in the Terminal Operations to ensure that daily operational activities are performed in line with operational procedures and customer requirements. A focus on vessel requirements, Process Safety Management, Process troubleshooting, coordination and safety onsite will be paramount, supporting EHS policies, process’, rules and regulations. This position will be working hand in hand with the Operations team to support Operational procedures, process’ with regards to the facility, Offloading Rack and Vessel Loading Operations. This position is located in Prince Rupert, BC. The successful candidate will work a shift of 14 on / 14 off – days only.
What you’ll be doing:
- Comply and execute EHS policies and process’ during the execution of all operational activities
- Ensure that all works carried out by Operations department as well as contractors within the Terminal are abiding and following Operational procedures and EHS policies and process’ (Control of Work Process’)
- Contribute to the reporting, incident entry, investigation and analysis of all incidents and take corrective measures
- In alignment with Superintendents, plan, monitor and execute Training and Progression program of Operations staff to ensure that all employees are competent
- Provide support during off hours & weekends when required (emergency operations and/or vessel loading operations)
- Have a good understanding, participate, and support management in the union agreement/collective agreement. Abiding by and following protocols that pertain to collective agreement
- Technical and Process Safety Management execution, standardizing operations control, process’ & continual optimization of the plant. Supporting identification of risk and mitigations of such risk. Support Risk Watch Program
- Support the development, implementation and execution of Operational plans and procedures
- Supervise and coordinate overall Operations in the Terminal to ensure product handling is performed in accordance with customer requirements, operational procedures and EHS policies and process’
- Assist Operations Manager and Superintendents with achieving operational performance of rail car offloading, LPG refrigeration process and VLGC loading
- Review rail schedules and planned yard movement of rail cars between holding tracks and unloading rack
- Review and responsible for all pre-loading requirements, nomination process and VLGC loading plans
- Document, track and optimize Rail and Vessel Operations to support improved logistics
- Assist Terminal Manager and Superintendents to continuously improve Operations as well as develop and monitor performance on the company KPI’s and analysis reports, incidents and provide advice/expertise on improvement
- Contribute to the operational execution of customer contracts in terms of delivery, administration, and claim settlements, in cooperation with customer service/Logistics and commercial department
- Support in coordination and execution of Engineering, MOC Coordination, Risk Watch and Project Planning
- Support the coordination of Asset Management: Work management, Maintenance planning and prioritization and warehouse inventories/management
- Ensure that terminal facilities, utilities, and consumables are readily available, in good working condition and well maintained
- Expense / P-Card Reports: Coding, compiling receipts, and submission
What you must have:
Minimum of 5 – 7 years’ experience in Gas Plant or Terminal Operation, with proven leadership abilities as demonstrated by your ability to plan, direct, coordinate and supervise the work of a multi-disciplinary team engaged in the operation and maintenance of the facility
Minimum 4th Class Power Engineering certificate; Preference given to candidates who hold technical certifications (3rd Class Power Engineering Certificate, Mechanical and/or GPO)
Will be required to obtain Rail Training certificate & MFSO (Marine Facility Security Officer) certificate
Passion and commitment to the training and development of the team
Proficiency in the use of windows-based applications
Exposure to EHS management systems, PSM systems such as Maximo, will be considered an asset
Strong, professional verbal and written communication skills
Where you’ll be working:
The Ridley Island Propane Export Terminal is located on Ridley Island near Prince Rupert, British Columbia, on a section of land leased by Ridley Terminals Inc. from the Prince Rupert Port Authority. The brownfield site has a history of industrial development and benefits from excellent railway access and a world class marine jetty with deep water access to the Pacific Ocean. To learn more about working on the Ridley Island Propane Export Terminal visit RIPET.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.