Cor4 Oil Corp.
Cor4 Oil Corp. is a private oil and natural gas producer with ~4,500 boe/d of oil weighted producing assets focused in Southern Alberta. The Company has strong financial backing from a major Private Equity investor and is led by a management team that has a track record of creating shareholder value.
The Corporation currently has an exciting opportunity for a Controller, based in Cor4’s Calgary, AB head office.
Reporting to the VP Finance and CFO, the duties of the Controller include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting cycles including preparation of financial statements and monthly reporting packages, analysis of results and comparison to budget.
· Management of four accounting team members including production accounting, joint venture accounting, financial reporting and accounts payable.
· Assist the VP Finance and CFO in the preparation of annual and quarterly budgets, monthly forecasts and other ad hoc reporting as required.
· Responsible for preparation of complex accounting transactions including stock based compensation, asset retirement obligation, depletion and impairments and other miscellaneous accounting entries as needed.
· Assist other accounting staff with preparation and review of all accounting transactions including operating expense, G&A expense and capital accruals on a monthly basis.
· Responsible for annual ESTMA reporting.
· Review of internal controls, including implementation of any process changes that are required as a result of that review.
· Assist the VP Finance and CFO in the preparation of annual tax return filings by providing detailed accounting records and reconciliations.
· Other special projects as identified in consultation with members of the management team.
The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
· A CPA designation with a minimum of 5 years of oil and gas related experience.
· Entrepreneurial spirit, willing to take on multiple tasks in a fast paced organization with a focus on creating shareholder value.
· Effective communication and relationship building skills complemented by a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
· Deadline driven, committed individual that strives for high quality results.
· Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including expert skills in excel.
· Experience with JV Nexus and AFE Nexus is considered an asset
Compensation for the role will consist of a competitive base salary, benefits, short term incentives (bonus) and long term incentives (stock options and performance warrants).
Interested candidates are invited to send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only individuals being considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
- Cor4 Oil Corp.