Vertex is currently accepting applications for a Corporate Accountant in Sherwood Park, Alberta. The successful candidate must have experience overseeing payroll teams. The Corporate Accountant is directly responsible for providing financial and operational support to the VP of Finance. This position will also be responsible for playing a key role in reporting and financial functions, including supervisory responsibility of payroll staff, support of various directives, and process improvement opportunities. The Corporate Accountant is responsible to provide insightful analysis, communication of information and results to the management and executive team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant post-secondary education
- Must have a designation or working towards
- 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting role with payroll supervisory experience
- Experience performing and/or supervising payroll activities is a necessity
- Ability to implement and manage change initiatives
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and business processes
- Experience with treasury and cash management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Above average computer technical skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with direct and indirect reports and various internal stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Responsible for the delivery of accurate and timely financial reports
- Responsible for month end, journal entries, reconciliations, and financial statement preparation
- Review financial statements with finance management, identifying trends, anomalies, and explanation of variances
- Supervise and oversee payroll
- Facilitate the development of direct and indirect reports through the provision of continuous coaching and mentoring
- Assist in compilation of financial data for tax compliance
- Assist in the preparation of financial forecasts
- Assist with the year-end audit process
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of internal controls to ensure consistency of policies and procedures
- Perform general accounting and other related duties as required
- This position will be based out of Sherwood Park, Alberta.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill-set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.