Requisition Id: 21233
Department: Corporate Development Department
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Calgary office is recruiting for a Corporate Development Analyst to join the team. This position reports to the Manager, Corporate Development in the Financial Services Service Unit, part of Pembina’s Financial Services Division. The Corporate Development team is primarily involved with the identification, assessment and execution of strategic transactions. In the last 5 years, our group has led $15 billion in successful acquisitions. Additionally, the team actively engages with our business unit partners in supporting their efforts in developing, evaluating and executing on organic business initiatives while also supporting our service unit partners where our expertise is required. The Corporate Development team is uniquely positioned within the organization through its broad exposure, making it an ideal opportunity to make a positive impact across the organization.
The Corporate Development Analyst will play an integral role in supporting the Corporate Development group in producing strategic decision-making outputs for Senior Management. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual, bringing intellectual curiosity, initiative and a desire to build their career at Pembina.
Summary of Responsibilities
• Support Senior Management and the business in evaluating strategic opportunities (acquisitions, divestitures and other corporate value creation alternatives) through:
o Conducting industry and peer group research, analysing market trends, data gathering and synthesizing information into digestible and intuitive outputs;
o Developing and reviewing detailed financial models and valuation analysis, incorporating established corporate economics standards and frameworks, valuation principles, financing, accounting, and tax considerations;
o Preparing and presenting well-developed and tailored materials; and
o Facilitating multi-disciplined due diligence processes, including the development and/or review of marketing materials, virtual data room documentation, and leading other standard M&A processes.
• Engage with our business unit partners in supporting their efforts in developing, evaluating and executing on organic business initiatives, ensuring projects are evaluated in accordance with established corporate economics standards and frameworks and providing corporate strategic perspective where applicable;
• Assist our service unit partners where our team expertise is required; and
• Support the Corporate Development team on broader corporate initiatives.
• A Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Economics, Business Administration focused on Finance or Accounting, or another quantitative discipline (Math / Engineering);
• Possess or working towards advanced education is preferred (CFA, CPA, CBV, P. Eng.);
• 2 to 5 years experience, preferably in a research and/or a quantitative focused role (Investment Banking, Private Equity, Corporate Finance, Accounting M&A Transaction Advisory, or Engineering);
• General knowledge of the Oil and Gas Sector and familiarity with the midstream industry;
• Proficient with well-established finance and valuation concepts and theories;
• Proficient in MS Office (PowerPoint and Word) with advanced Excel and financial modeling skills; and
• Self-starter, strong work ethic, and an ability to think independently and work collaboratively:
o Exhibits self-awareness and displays a high-level of intellectual curiosity;
o Demonstrates accountability and commitment through strict attention to detail and ownership in their work;
o Drives results through prioritizing tasks and effective problem-solving;
o Confidently applies business acumen; and
o Communicates effectively (strong written and verbal skills), including the ability to develop and foster meaningful working relationships across the organization.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation has been serving the transportation and midstream service needs of North America’s energy industry for over 60 years. We process, terminal and transport our customers’ products safely – all while protecting the environment and delivering on our commitments to our shareholders and community stakeholders. When we build something, we do it right.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high, and so are our rewards. We treat our people well – whether it’s through our total compensation package, our community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous fun social activities.
Pembina is a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018 and 2020), Alberta’s Top 75 Employers (2014-2020), and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019). We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.