Requisition Id: 22626
Department: Corporate Planning Department
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Calgary office is recruiting for an Analyst, Corporate Planning to join the team. This position reports to the Manager, Corporate Planning in the Financial Services Service Unit (FSU) part of Pembina’s Financial Services Division. The Financial Services Unit manages the finance activities for Pembina, plus capital structure, capital markets activity (debt/equity), credit facility and rating agency management, treasury operations/cash management, accounts payables and receivables and corporate credit cards. The Analyst, Corporate Planning will provide support to the department and the business in the areas of financial modeling, economic and scenario analysis, and corporate planning tasks.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and review the preparation, maintenance, and delivery of the detailed short-term financial forecast:
- Collaborate with the business and service units to build Pembina’s forecast, and conduct variance analysis to ensure an in-depth understanding of the consolidated results;
- Work with the Finance team to ensure the funding plan and all near-term credit metrics are supported;
- Responsible for the accuracy of the BPC-based forecast model and for overseeing and understanding any changes; and
- Support the preparation, in conjunction with Financial Reporting, of the monthly executive and board highlights package.
- Lead the preparation of Pembina’s annual budget and associated Board deliverables:
- Support current lines of business, conduct financial valuation of existing business, and ensure results are accurately communicated to senior management;
- Provide guidance to business and service units on corporate level assumptions, scheduling, and deliverables; and
- Interact and present to management on initial iterations of the budget.
- Guide the forecast and budget processes to ensure continuous improvement to ensure business and service units have tools and resources needed to accurately and efficiently build up and report their forward-looking outlooks;
- Conduct detailed financial analysis/valuation on Pembina’s budget and forecast results related to its funding plan, pro forma analysis, sensitivity analysis and other corporate initiatives;
- Prepare Board updates related to Pembina’s forecast;
- Work with Finance to prepare materials for rating agency updates, and Investor Relations for updates on investor relations activities;
- Support the development and maintenance, in collaboration with the business units and senior management, of Pembina’s long-range plan and strategy sessions;
- Assist in quarterly and annual financial reporting activities;
- Support the reporting of the committed capital program in accordance with Board/executive approvals;
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis, support special projects as required; and
- Participate in an inclusive and diverse workplace.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Economics, Commerce focused on accounting or finance, or another quantitative discipline;
- Possess or working toward advanced education (CBV, CFA, CA, MBA) considered an asset;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, with a focus on FP&A, corporate finance or accounting considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the Oil and Gas Sector in general, and infrastructure industry (market structure, business strategy, regulations, and policies, etc);
- Outstanding financial modeling and economic evaluation skills;
- Experience conceptualizing and implementing financial software systems alongside IT resources;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Use of standard software programs: MS Word, Advanced Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Database and statistical program knowledge would be an asset; and
- Strong technical skills, with experience in SAP, BPC Embedded (Analysis for Office), SAP Analysis Cloud (“SAC”) an asset, with the ability to adapt to new systems and applications quickly.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.