POSITION SUMMARY Working within our Projects Team the primary function of the Crane Operator will be to assist in moving and lifting coated pipe spools from 2”- 48” including client supplied equipment and valves from trailers to the laydown area and then subsequently installing throughout the site. In addition, the operator will also be required to perform various labour duties on the ground as needed when not operating the crane. PROJECT DETAILS
- 14 days on & 7 days off shift schedule (10.5 hours a day) camp based position
- Located at Hidden Lake located approximately 2.5 – 3 hours from Manning, AB
- Strike will provide bussing from Crossfield & Edmonton and bussing daily from camp to site.
- Travel allowance will be paid once per shift.
- Operate cranes to lift, move, position or place equipment and materials (18 ton Carry Deck – 160 Ton RT)
- Perform pre-operational inspection, and calculate crane capacities and weight to prepare for rigging and hoisting
- Perform routine maintenance work such as cleaning and lubrication.
- Inspect loaded truck for accuracy of order, compliance with weight
- Assist other tradesmen with the completion of their duties when required
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment and clean, lubricate and refill equipment
- Other various responsibilities may be required
- Valid Journeyman Crane Operator certificate and minimum of two years’ experience required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experienced operator in heavy oil and gas industrial projects
- H2S Alive and Standard First Aid
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Valid CSTS (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification
- Valid drivers license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret acorn drawings
- Familiar with construction methods, techniques, and labour requirements and how they apply to industrial construction projects
- Comfortable working outdoors
- Exemplary professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proactively seeks and accomplishes tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.