Strike is looking for a CWB Welder (Journeyman) with relevant experience in oil & gas construction/facility maintenance. Typical welds include joining components such as beams, girders, vessels, and piping, and all jobs are completed as per welding procedure specifications, weld maps and work packages. Our welders take pride in their trade, and see that Strike’s high standards of safety and quality are always met.
POSITION LOCATION/ DETAILS
- Project is located in Wondering River, Alberta
- 10 days on 4 days off working schedule
- Living out allowance is provided
- Work with non-destructive Testing Inspector
- Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits
- Welding of pipe spools with an emphasis on Safety, Quality and Production while working in accordance to client specifications and Strike’s weld procedures
- Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues
- CWB certification
- Possess a valid Journeyman certificate of qualification issued by the appropriate province or federal authority
- Valid driver’s license & clean drivers abstract
- H2S Alive, WHIMIS, CSTS, OSSA (preferred but not required), Standard First Aid, Ground Disturbance
- Must pass pre-employment alcohol and drug test
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret acorn drawings
- Familiar with construction methods, techniques, and labour requirements and how they apply to industrial construction projects
- Comfortable working outdoors
- Exemplary professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proactively seeks and accomplishes tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations across Alberta and Saskatchewan. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.