Reference Code: 75816
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB Job Category: Information Technology/Systems Employment Type: Employee Full-time Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program Application Deadline: 11/24/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
The energy industry is primed for digital disruption, and we’re excited about the opportunities ahead. We are leading the digital transformation journey by unlocking creativity and innovation in new ways, every day. If you’re ready to challenge the status quo to deliver outstanding business results that propel us into the future, we want you to join our team! Our Information Services team is evolving to play a major role in leading innovation in our industry and to meet the needs of our growing business.
We are seeking a senior security professional for the role of Cybersecurity Architect who can apply his or her expert security knowledge to influence innovation with secure solutions. In collaboration with our IS team and business partners you will be a part of a security architecture team responsible for ensuring the safety and resiliency of digital operations at TC Energy.
What you’ll do
- Provide technical leadership and security consulting to operational and project teams facilitating strategic business outcomes with safe and secure solutions
- Research and maintain an extensive knowledge base of current technology advancements, trends and directions to influence future security capabilities
- Develop long term strategic architecture roadmap to facilitate future security capabilities
- Build relationships throughout the organization as a trusted partner for delivering business outcomes
- Develop and maintain technical and configuration standards for consumption by stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Security, Engineering, or a technical certification in a related discipline is a requirement
- Six or more (6+) years of related work experience working in the Information Technology domain with OT(operational technology) being a plus
- Strong analytical, investigative, problem-solving and communications skills are important for success in this role
- Energetic individual who is passionate and outcome focused with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing environments and priorities
- Strong presentation skills are instrumental to influencing secure system architecture. This includes excellent written and oral communication paired with the ability to deliver technical concepts to an audience in a clear in concise manner. Success is determined if the audience understands and is ultimately compelled to act.
- Knowledge of, or hands-on experience with security technologies of the following functions: NGFW, VPN, IPS/IDS, vulnerability management, access management, SIEM, endpoint security, threat intelligence
- Knowledge of, or hands-on experience with operational technology solutions like HMI, PLC, DCS etc. is a plus
- Familiarity with one of more of the following Security Architecture standards is an asset: NIST 800-53, CSA Z246.1, TSA PSG
- Experience architecting security solutions in OT/ICS environment based on Purdue model is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and demonstrated ability to work cross functionally with stakeholders at multiple levels
- Industry recognized certifications such as CISSP, GCIP, GICSP, CSSA or other industry recognized cybersecurity certification would be a plus
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
About Information Services
We’re driven by the relentless delivery of bottom-line benefits, utilizing talented people, nimble process and the right technology. We’re focused on outcome-based innovation and committed to be an idea factory with our business partners. We define success as the delivery of impactful, innovative solutions, not the deployment of technology.
Apply to this posting by 11/24/2020 using reference code 75816. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Thank you for choosing to grow your career with TC Energy.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* Consistent with our employment practices, we reserve the right to consider the cost of relocation when making internal hiring decisions.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.