Vertex is currently accepting applications for a Data Analyst (Emissions Management) in Calgary, Alberta. The Emissions Data Analyst will support the Emissions Management team with analyzing and reporting data collected through a variety of emissions management field programs in Western Canada. The Emissions Data Analyst will have a high level of proficiency in data management, strong technical writing skills, and knowledge of provincial and federal air and emissions regulations. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic, clear communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in science, business, or similar
- 3-5 years’ experience working in the oil & gas sector preferred
- Technical writing skills with an aptitude for data manipulation required
- A high level of numeracy and comfort understanding data, with strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to research and quickly understand new projects
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to multitask, balancing competing priorities and deliverables
- Ability to work through ambiguity and communicate complex topics
- Critical thinker with innovative, problem solving abilities
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to interpret technical data as it relates to regulatory compliance
- An unwavering commitment to safety
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Support Emissions Management projects through technical review, analysis and reporting of emissions data collected through field programs
- Manage data for large scale Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) programs, including maintenance and monitoring of data collection, QAQC of data reported, and reporting of emissions data to clients
- Manage fugitive emissions survey, equipment inventory, and vent measurement results through various emissions databases
- Support project and field teams to assure that all project components are monitored completely and are accurately reported
- Conduct detailed reviews of data collected daily to ensure all required information has been reported accurately in various data management platforms; communicate directly with field technicians as needed
- Analyze emissions data collected against applicable regulatory requirements, prepare final reports in effective and actionable format
- Develop a detailed understanding of regulatory requirements related to emissions management, working closely with emissions management project teams to support effective analysis and presentation of field data
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concern
- Perform all duties as assigned and adhere to Vertex’s Core Values
- Monitor project budgets and expenditures
- This position will be based out of Calgary, Alberta
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety, and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.