ARC’s vision is to be a leading energy producer, focused on delivery of results through its strategy of risk-managed value creation. ARC is committed to providing superior long-term financial returns for its shareholders; creating a culture where respect for the individual is paramount and action and passion is rewarded; and to running our business in a manner that protects the safety of employees, communities and the environment. At ARC, our strong track record of success has been built on our core belief that outstanding people, combined with a great corporate culture creates a winning environment.
ARC Resources Ltd. is currently seeking a Desktop Support Analyst, who will be responsible for providing incident resolution to all employees. This is a full-time contract based position for the duration of 8 months from the start date. The position is available immediately.
This position will offer the successful candidate broad exposure to all disciplines within the Information Technology function at ARC Resources. The primary responsibility of this position is desktop and application support, however the successful candidate will have opportunities to be involved in projects and be mentored by senior level staff. As this role is not solely a typical desktop and application support function, the diverse experience received will help provide direction to the successful candidate’s future career path.
At ARC, the work atmosphere is an open, fast-paced, team environment where the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work independently, but also as part of a close-knit group. The role involves working alongside recent graduates as well as team members with extensive and diverse experience within the Information Technology field.
- Provide timely response and resolution to service desk inquiries that may originate from service requests, incidents, voicemail and in person requests.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve issues ranging from desktop hardware to desktop applications by leveraging available resources (knowledge base, team members, etc.).
- Log all service requests, incidents and accompanying detail in service management software (ServiceNow).
- Ensure problem resolution and knowledge base documentation is maintained.
- Perform desktop operating system deployments using Microsoft SCCM 2016.
- Provide after hours on-call support. Member of 6 person weekly rotation.
- Potential for travel to field locations.
- Information Technology related Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum of one year of work experience as a Desktop Support Analyst.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 Application Suite, Microsoft Active Directory, Citrix, and Apple iPhone and iOS.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting oil and gas industry applications including, but not limited to, IHS AccuMap, CGI PVR, Qbyte FM, Qbyte Metrix, CS Explorer, AFE Navigator, Wellview, and GeoScout.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, team orientated environment.
- Ability and desire to multi-task and context switch to meet rapidly changing demandss.
- The ability to follow defined process and procedures.
- Strong communication, organization, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Experience with ServiceNow.
- Experience with mobile devices, such as iPads and iPhones.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM 2016) for desktop operating system deployments.
- Experience with Microsoft APP-V application sequencing.
- Experience with Microsoft Sharepoint Online.
- Experience with networking concepts and technologies, including wireless.
- Experience with Cisco VOIP phones.
- Experience with network printing.
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit arcresources.hgcareers.com.