Director, Supply Chain
Reference Code: 74641
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Project Management; Supply Chain/Procurement
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 10/23/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Supply Chain Management team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Calgary, Alberta.
We are seeking a motivated Director, Supply Chain who possesses the ability, experience and expertise to drive discipline and excellence in supply chain execution across a diverse group of stakeholders to ensure alignment of business objectives. Leading candidates must possess the ability to work with ambiguity and drive change while simultaneously inspiring, influencing and leading a diverse team across multiple geographies.
This position will be an integral member of the leadership team.
What you’ll do
- Develop and recommend commercial and contracting supply chain strategies, working with other central Supply Chain teams (e.g., Category Management), while demonstrating a strong ability to negotiate important contracts with key suppliers
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to develop a high-performing team that understands and implements supply chain strategies and can effectively communicate and collaborate with others
- Effectively establish and manage supplier relationships
- Effectively establish contract management and administration, including Field Contract Administration resources, working closely with Project Controls
- Demonstrate collaboration and cross-functional leadership strategies that will resolve escalated issues
- Collaborate with other Supply Chain Directors to align and manage cross-functional dependencies
- Consistently, productively and proactively work with the business to implement appropriate supply chain services and resources; always encouraging the team to challenge the status-quo and find a better way
- Ensure relevant TC policies, processes and procedures are adhered to
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or other related field (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- A world class leader with 15 years of progressively responsible experience in a capital-intensive organization, with a minimum of 5 years in a senior leadership role in Supply Chain Management, Construction/Project Management, or Business Development
- North American pipeline and facilities supply chain experience on major projects and / or operations
- Experience with commercial and contract management in the Canada
- Competency in financial processes such as budgeting, forecasting, delegation of authority, capital project management and total cost analysis
- Experience developing, assessing and negotiating complex supply contracts and dispute resolution.
- Project management and process improvement capabilities
- Proven ability to lead and execute strategic business initiatives and carry out strategic planning and execution
- Understanding of Procurement, Construction and Estimating and business expertise in areas of sourcing and contracting, and the procure to pay best practices and processes
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives and negotiate the best possible deal for all key stakeholders
- Formal leadership, communication, and influencing skills
- Strong commercial aptitude and negotiation skills
- Strong critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and to discuss and present complex topics in a variety of settings and to varied audiences
- Experience in building and leading high-performance teams preferably in a complex global organization. Background of acquiring and developing talent from a wide variety of sources
- Proactive approach to process and system improvements with demonstrated positive results
- An MBA or a relevant designation
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 92,600-kilometre (57,500-mile) natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent’s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
Apply to this posting by 10/23/2020 using reference code 74641. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.