Vertex is currently accepting applications for one full-time, permanent Dispatcher in Rycroft, Alberta. The successful candidate must have experience dispatching Vac & Tank Trucks to various clients on a day to day basis within the oil and gas industry. Responsibilities include setting employee and truck schedules, exceptional communication with employees, trouble shoot equipment problems and provide solutions to customer needs.
- Minimum of two years’ relevant Vac Trucks & Tank Trucks dispatching experience preferred in the fluid management and or trucking industry
- Strong knowledge of TDG regulations, HOS, weights and dimensions, permitting, load securement and OH&S standards
- Valid WHMIS, H2S Alive, TDG, CSO and Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) or Petroleum Safety Training (PST)
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (clean 3-year abstract)
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills an asset
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency within Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team or independently, across multiple functional areas, and with various professional disciplines
- Superior customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to manage a high volume and fast paced workload
- Must be able to make decisions calmly and efficiently in high-stress environments
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Set schedules for trucks and employees (drivers)
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with employees
- Supervise employees during turnarounds
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and provide solutions to customers
- Provide customer service to clients
- Review and approve work tickets, driver logs, timesheets and requested days off
- Monitor calls and emails regularly
- Other duties as required by your supervisor and or manager
- This position will be based out of Rycroft, AB.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- Excellent health and dental benefit package
- Versatile company culture that is ever expanding and growing
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.