Vertex offers a modern, company owned and maintained, fleet of haulers, vacuum, hydro-vac, pressure, water, steam trucks, chemical units, and industrial cleaning equipment, capable of meeting all drilling, production, turnaround, plant and completion needs of our clients.
Vertex is currently accepting applications for a Dispatcher in Lac La Biche, Alberta. The successful candidate must be experienced dispatching Vac & Tank Trucks to various clients on a day-to-day basis within the oil and gas industry. Responsibilities include setting employee and truck schedules, exceptional communication with employees, trouble shoot equipment problems and provide solutions to customer needs.
- Minimum of two years’ relevant Vac Trucks & Tank Trucks dispatching experience preferred in the fluid management and or trucking industry
- Strong knowledge of TDG regulations, HOS, weights and dimensions, permitting, load securement and OH&S standards
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (clean 3-year abstract)
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills an asset
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency within Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team or independently, across multiple functional areas, and with various professional disciplines
- Superior customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to manage a high volume and fast paced workload
- Must be able to make decisions calmly and efficiently in high-stress environments
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Set schedules for trucks and employees (drivers)
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with employees
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and provide solutions to customers
- Provide customer service to clients
- Review and approve work tickets, driver logs, timesheets and requested days off
- Monitor calls and emails regularly
- Other duties as required by your supervisor and or manager
- This position will be based out of Lac La Biche, AB.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.