Our customer, a major oil and gas producer, is looking for a Document Control Technician to support their Oil Sands Operation, Major and Sustaining Capital Projects teams from Calgary offices. The schedule is on a 5/2, 8 hours a day.
- Its purpose is to enforce controlled processes for the submission, review, modification, issuance, distribution and accessibility of technical documentation.
- Position reports to Document Control Lead for Albian Asset
Key areas of contribution:
- Perform tasks in accordance with the Document Control Standards, Work Processes and Desktop Procedures for Document Control
- Documentation for use within Albian Asset is trustworthy and has been quality checked, formally approved and that it contains up-to-date and reliable information.
- All information is received, issued and distributed in an efficient and timely manner
Main duties & responsibilities are but, not limited to:
- Ensure that all documentation is properly processed, uploaded and available in electronic document management system.
- Perform quality assurance for controlled documents, such as correct document number, revision, title, etc. as per Document Control Governing Documents.
- Download electronic files to network and prepare files for upload into electronic document management system
- Facilitate the flow of information between internal business units, Engineering contractors and Construction site
- Assist with management of squad checks – may include management of electronic markups
- Support Construction Team at Albian Site
- Track received documentation such as standards, reports, drawings, Final EDS’, etc. in electronic and hard copy versions
- Issue and distribute controlled documents as per RACI chart
- Perform audits of Contractor Deliverables to ensure completeness for project closeouts and turnover
Qualifications for the position:
- Education & Experience:
- High school education is required.
- Document management experience, specifically within EPC document control environment is an asset.
- Strong computer skills including excel, adobe and word.
- Attention to detail, strong work ethics, excellent communication and teamwork skills are essential for this position.
- Personal Qualities:
- Possess strong work ethics.
- Detailed oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Being highly motivated.
- Ability to go above and beyond what is expected.
- Work with a strong sense of controlled urgency, recognizing the need for doing thorough and complete work within the confines of schedule.
We thank all interested candidates who apply, however only those being considered will be contacted directly for an interview.
Roska DBO Inc. is a customer-focused operations company with a more than 25-year track record offering expertise in production and equipment solutions on well sites and facilities. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, with a network of locations, Roska serves all of western and northern Canada, plus selected U.S. and international markets, with a primary focus on the Alberta/ B.C. region.
Our Workforce Solutions group works with customers across western Canada to recruit qualified candidates for assignments ranging from emergency callouts to longer term contingent workforce solutions. Our customers rely on us for operational staff, including plant/field operators, turnaround staff, administration and camp support staff.
In addition to fulfilling the operating needs of oil and gas producing, midstream and pipeline companies, Roska operates, designs and builds well-site facilities, rents equipment and provides production testing and flowback services using a company-owned well testing fleet. When you join the Roska team, the sky is the limit!
To apply for this job please visit roskadbo.catsone.com.