Requisition Id: 24896
Department: Operations & Maintenance Function
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Edmonton South Rail Terminal is recruiting a Tradesman, E/I. This position reports to the Day Foreman, Operations and Maintenance at the Edmonton South Rail Terminal in the Oil Sands and Heavy Oil Business Unit (OBU), part of Pembina’s Pipelines division. Our Oil Sands and Heavy Oil Business Unit is one of Canada’s largest oil sands and heavy oil pipeline and terminal operators, providing long-term, dedicated transportation services to our customers.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Maintain & troubleshoot electrical distribution systems and control systems;
- Complete field installations, inspections and calibrations as required;
- Complete preventative maintenance schedules of terminal assets to ensure all maintenance is completed to pre-determined schedules;
- Perform electrical/instrumentation maintenance duties, to ensure all maintenance activities follow our safety culture “Zero by Choice.” Exceeding regulatory compliance and environmental responsibilities;
- Assist with installation, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of new equipment;
- Complete assignments safely, efficiently and in an environmentally conscious manner by observing generally accepted company and industry safety practices;
- Be responsible for maintaining daily terminal operations including measurement concepts, product quality, facility inspections, meter proving and pigging activities;
- An interest and aptitude to work outside your trade completing other Operations and Maintenance work as required;
- Organize and manage contractors as required; and
- Participate and support an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
- Provincial Instrumentation Journeyman Certificate required with an aptitude for Electrical or dual trade certification is preferred;
- Approximately 5 years in Pipeline or Terminal Operations is preferred;
- Understanding and use of SAP maintenance system or other maintenance programs an asset;
- Allen Bradley PLC, OMNI, Accuload and Factory Talk (HMI) Programming experience is a benefit;
- Basic understanding of industrial network communications;
- Experience with Tank Master (Tank Gauging software), Portable Radio programming, and Fiber Optic experience an Asset;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, SAP and other business-related computer programs and applications;
- Effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills;
- Self-starter and able to work independently;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License; and
- Safety Courses: TDG, H2S Alive, First Aid would be an asset, but if incomplete, will be provided by Pembina to the successful candidate.
This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” so will require Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Testing. You may also be required to provide a Driver’s Abstract.
The successful candidate must live within 100 km of Sherwood Park.
We offer competitive compensation; including base plus incentive bonus, pension & savings plans, health benefits, employee development programs to support personal development and career progression and, a hybrid work arrangement, in an environment that is equitable, diverse, and inclusive.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement or volunteer opportunities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2022), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2022) and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.