Eagle Well Servicing, a division of Western Production Services Corp.
Reporting to the Personnel Manager, the Personnel Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in the day to day operations of the Personnel Department. The Personnel Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to ensure smooth crew mobilization and maintain all manpower requirements.
This is a fixed-term contract role for maternity leave coverage for 12 months (1 year).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure rigs are fully crewed with stable and qualified employees
- Conduct an interview with potential new hire to confirm it is the right fit for that rig, that all required tickets are up to date and that the potential hire has transportation and all the proper gear for the job.
- Ensure all hiring paperwork is filled out thoroughly and all required screening protocols are completed
- Obtain information on licenses and certifications for field employees
- Adhere to and enforce all policies relating to personnel matters
- Track and coordinate relief for employees working additional time to ensure compliance with labour codes (work/rest periods)
- Deal with day to day employee concerns and questions, provide support as required
- Ensure all payroll & benefits forms, updates, changes and disability applications are sent to payroll and follow up as required
- Plan according to seasonal trends to ensure you have the right manpower for each rig
- Manage after hours/on-call employee issues and emergencies when required
- Maintain weekly reports
- Other related duties as required
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2-5 years of direct recruitment/coordinating/dispatch experience in the oilfield services industry
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent selection, screening and interviewing techniques
- Basic knowledge of relevant Human Rights and Employment laws and best practices
- Effective at planning and prioritizing
- Innovative thinker, able to work under pressure
- Strong research and networking skills
- Able to work in a results focused environment
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
Special Conditions of Employment
- Ability to work flexible hours and be on-call as required
- Overtime may be required on occasion, based on activity levels
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.