EIC Controls Technician (Wildrose Region)
Reference Code: 92324
Location: Canada (CA) – Alberta – Grande Prairie, Fairview, Edson, Athabasca or Lac La Biche
Job Category: Trades/Technical
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 10/21/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
As part of the Canada Gas Operations team you’ll apply your critical thinking and technical skills to keep our natural gas compressor stations operating safely and reliably. Our Canadian Natural Gas Pipelines business includes over 43,000 kms of existing pipeline, 120 compressor stations and approximately 1,500 measurement stations across Canada.
Reporting to the Area Manager, the EIC Controls Technician will operate and maintain natural gas compression and auxiliary equipment (including but not limited to gas turbines, steam turbines, generators, boilers, fuel gas compressors, and PLC & DCS control systems) in a manner which meets operational needs in compliance with company and regulatory requirements. In this role, you will also be required to perform tasks from other disciplines.
This position works a modified 9/80 schedule which consists of:
– Week 1: Monday to Thursday, 9 hrs per day / Friday off
– Week 2: Monday to Thursday, 9 hrs per day / Friday 8 hrs
What you’ll do
- Independently perform installation, testing, repair, operation and maintenance on compressor station equipment, and other facilities relevant to the pipeline system as required
- Perform routine and major maintenance on gas turbine packages, gas compressor units, meter station assets equipment and associated auxiliary equipment assist with pipeline asset maintenance
- Troubleshoot, test, & maintain shutdown devices, fire & gas systems, auxiliary systems, HVAC systems, relief and Over Pressure Protection devices, control valves, PLC’s & control systems
- Install & configure software in control systems
- Perform emergency repairs to meet customer and client needs
- Lead/manage the safe and efficient completion of low/medium complexity projects including the coordination and monitoring of contractor work activities or third-party active control
- Ensure facilities, personnel and contractors comply with TC Energy’s safety, health, environment, and risk standards
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to other personnel
- Minimum completion of third year of trades program
- 2 years of Electrical Instrumentation and Control experience hands on with Natural Gas Compressors
- Experienced with the interpretation of technical reference documents, drawings, vendor manuals
- Proven mechanical aptitude, as well as planning and organization skills
- Competent using equipment applicable to the maintenance of control systems
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Journeyman Instrumentation and/or Electrician
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and SAP experience
- Previous experience with high pressure natural gas
- Current with technological advances in the compression field
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and provide a driver’s abstract (record) for review
- Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing
- Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training will be required. This will involve some overnight stays away from home base (estimated up 50% of work schedule)
- Be part of an on-call rotation and provide emergency support as required
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 10/21/2021 using reference code 92324. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.