EIC Measurement Technician (Mountainview Area)
Reference Code: 89419
Location: Canada (CA) – Edson or Whitecourt, AB
Job Category: Trades/Technical
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 09/26/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Canada Gas Operations – Wildrose Region is seeking to add a skilled Electrical Instrumentation and Controls (EIC) Measurement Technician to our team in the Edson or Whitecourt area.
Reporting to the Mountainview Area Manager, this position requires technical skills to ensure all measurement control systems and equipment are effectively maintained and safely operated in accordance with our standards of performance, policies and procedures.
This position works a modified 9hr /day schedule which consists of:
Week 1: Monday to Thursday, 9 hrs per day
Week 2: Monday to Thursday, 9 hrs per day and 8 hrs on Friday
What you’ll do
- Independently perform installation, testing, repair and maintenance at measurement facilities and other facilities relevant to the pipeline system, once deemed fully qualified, as required
- Perform routine maintenance, major maintenance, and troubleshoot Gas Analyzers, Gas Chromatographs, H2S & H20 Analyzers, Meters and other associated equipment
- Perform emergency repairs to meet customer and client needs
- Oversee the safe and efficient completion of projects
- Provide support to our business partners and contractors
- Utilize computers and e-mail for internal and external communication, record keeping, maintenance management, on-line reporting, material and supply ordering and filing of various forms
- Certified Journeyman Electrician or Instrumentation Technician
- 5 years industry relevant experience
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Previous experience working with high pressure natural gas
- SAP experience
- Proven planning and organization skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Competent using equipment applicable to the maintenance of control systems
- Experienced with the interpretation of technical reference documents
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Provide a driver’s abstract for review
- Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing.
- Travel will involve some overnight stays away from home base (estimated up to 10% of work schedule)
- Participate in an on-call rotation and provide emergency support as required
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 09/26/2021 using reference code 89419. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.