Requisition Id: 24048
Department: Operations Engineering District
PKM Canada Marine Terminal LP (Vancouver Wharves Terminal) is currently recruiting for an Electrical Project Manager to join the team. This position reports to the Manager, Operations Engineering in the Natural Gas Liquids Business Unit (NBU), part of Pembina’s Facilities Division. Located in one of the busiest port cities in North America, our Vancouver Wharves’ location is one of the largest terminals on the West Coast and handles both liquids and bulk products including mineral concentrates, diesel, Sulphur, and grain products on behalf of customers.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the overall plant electrical infrastructure and the physical layer of the control system. This position will manage capital improvement projects and oversee the project definition, planning, execution and close out. As well, this role will act as a technical resource for the development and delivery of plant initiatives and electrical standards. The role works closely with Managers, SSEM staff, Operations Coordinators, Operations Logistics Analysts, 3rd party stakeholders, ILWU Foremen, and ILWU Longshore personnel to develop functional solutions and to provide electrical governance that promote safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible terminal services to our customers.
Summary of Responsibilities
This position manages capital projects related to the electrical and control infrastructure in the Vancouver Wharves plant. They are responsible for reviewing the current state and create long term improvement plans to optimize the capacity and lifespan of the plant’s electrical equipment. The position will work with the engineering manager to champion the improvement plan and allocate capital funds to the initiative This position will also provide ongoing technical support to operations and maintenance department for the electrical infrastructure.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing experienced and skilled design and management of projects from proposal stage through conceptual design, detailed design, construction, and completion stages;
- Coordinating technical staff and consultants participating on projects;
- Coordinating the preparation of documents required for approvals, preparing development and construction cost estimates and tender documents and contracts;
- Demonstrating a commitment to the improvement, and adherence of safety and environmental policies in all work environment areas and promoting a positive safety culture through leadership by example; and
- Contributing to a team environment that values inclusion & diversity.
- Must be registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer (P.Eng.);
- Electrical Engineering degree or Electrical/Electronic Engineering technology Diploma or Red Seal Trade;
- Medium to high voltage experience;
- Detailed understanding of CSA standards and practice around Electrical safety and maintenance;
- Electrical FSR: Class A – Certification – preferred;
- Hands on experience power distribution design, motor control, fiber optics, ethernet and industrial communications instrumentation, PLC and HMI based control solutions;
- Previous experience managing projects in an industrial environment;
- Previous industrial labour relations experience an asset;
- Solid computer skills, with experience with AutoCAD, CMMS Systems and MS Office suite; and
- Strong attention to detail.
This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” so will require Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Testing. You may also be required to provide a Driver’s Abstract.
The successful candidate must live within 100 km of North Vancouver.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.