Vertex is currently accepting applications for an Electrical Engineer in Sherwood Park, Alberta.
- Post-graduation degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3 to 8 years’ experience as an Electrical Engineer from a manufacturing or EPC/EPCM environment
- Professional Engineer designation with APEGA is an asset.
- Good working knowledge of substation design, low, medium and high voltage equipment specification (e.g. transformers, metering, switchgears, grounding)
- Proven experience with electrical engineering software such as EasyPower, SKM and ETAP
- Knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Outlook, MS Project, Excel) & 2D- AutoCAD
- Experiencing managing small to medium size projects from start to end.
- Demonstrated and recognized technical proficiency in electrical engineering including power distribution, lighting, life safety systems and security system design and a working level knowledge of the other engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian codes, standards (CSA, IEEE, ANSI/IEC), and construction methods related to electrical engineering.
- Ability to work with integrated teams of consultants, manufacturing team and contractors.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiarity with ABB, Siemens, Eaton, Powell, Schneider & Rockwell power distribution and control products is an asset.
- Develop and manage electrical engineering design deliverables and provide technical oversight on the detailed design
- Assist to develop, monitor and maintain a project schedule for electrical engineering design deliverables
- Preparation of quotations in a timely manner.
- Attendance of site meetings, and meetings with clients to provide knowledge and solutions to the various challenges involved with each project.
- Ensure that electrical and engineering designs are compliant with code requirements.
- Ability to work with project managers and engineers in project administration and scheduling.
- Coordinate deliverables, submissions and drawings produced by the electrical engineering design staff and ensure revisions are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Assist in the development of electrical design engineering pursuit and execution budgets to meet project milestones and deliverables
- This position will be based out of Sherwood Park, AB.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill-set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.