We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities. We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
TC Energy is seeking a skilled Electrical Instrumentation & Controls (EI&C) Technician to join our Canada Gas Operations team in Airdrie, AB. Reporting to the Rocky Mountain Pipeline Manager, as an EI&C Technician we will rely on you to repair, install, troubleshoot, and perform other planned maintenance and corrective tasks on assigned electronic, electrical, pneumatic and/or mechanical control systems, devices, and ancillary equipment. In this role you will also operate and maintain a mobile natural gas compressor and auxiliary equipment, in a manner to meet operational needs, in compliance with Company and regulatory requirements. You will maintain core operational task qualifications and perform tasks from other disciplines.
This position will regularly require you to travel away from your base location, operating a mobile compressor unit at other Company facilities across Canada. Travel will consistently be 50% or more of your regular work schedule.
This position is overtime eligible, part of an on-call rotation and provides emergency support as required.
What you’ll do
- Independently perform installation, testing, repair, and maintenance on compressor station equipment, and other facilities relevant to the pipeline system as required
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain shutdown devices, fire and gas systems, auxiliary systems, HVAC systems, relief and Over Pressure Protection devices, control valves, PLC’s and control systems
- Install and configure software in control systems
- Perform routine and major maintenance on gas turbine packages, gas compressor units, and associated auxiliary equipment, assist with pipeline asset maintenance
- Perform emergency repairs to meet customer and client needs
- Oversee the safe and efficient completion of projects
- Active control of contractors
- Ensure facilities and personnel comply with the Company's safety, health, environment, and risk standards
- Procure resources and manage within budgets for the facilities
- Provide support to our business partners as required
- Other tasks as required
- High school diploma or equivalency (GED)
- Fully certified Journeyperson Electrician Technician
- Minimum 5 years of industry relevant experience
- An alternate combination of education and experience may be considered
- Willing to travel when required by business / operational needs – minimum 50% of work schedule
- Instrumentation experience would be considered an asset as this is a cross-functional operations area
- Dual-ticket (Electrician & Industrial Instrumentation) would be considered a strong asset
- Experience working with high pressure natural gas
- Fully competent and current with all Health, Safety and Environment standards and training
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Previous experience with Allen Bradley PLC5 and RsLogix 5000
- Competent using equipment applicable to the maintenance of control systems
- Highly motivated with interpersonal skills to effectively work in a collaborative team environment that includes shared responsibilities
- Current with technological advances in the compression field
- Familiarity with SAP and Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrated effective written & verbal communication skills
*This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid Driver's License
- Provide a driver's abstract for review
- Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing
Apply to this posting by 07/22/2019 using reference code 58346. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.