POSITION SUMMARY The Saskatoon Electrical & Instrumentation location is seeking a qualified Electrician to join the team as Management Trainee. This individual would be a part of an exciting professional growth opportunity.
The Management Trainee program allows us to build our key personnel with a structured approach, giving the individuals the proper training, tools, and techniques to become leaders within the organization. Management Trainees receive “hands on” experience, mentorship, and technical training. Technical training includes exposure to project management, cost control, scheduling, safety management, quality management, estimating and proposal delivery, financial, administration and business development. Graduates of this leadership program provide Strike with a core group of highly qualified candidates for management positions.. POSITION LOCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Position will be based out of Saskatoon however training will occur on various remote job sites and offices throughout Western Canada.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a certified Red Seal Journeyman Electrician and/ or experienced working in an electrical supervisory capacity
- Driven to succeed and be part of a safe and supportive culture.
- Live by the Values of the company
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Capable of participating in and facilitating group meetings
- Exemplary professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Meticulous record-keeping skills
- Capable of working independently with minimal direction
- Possesses an eye for detail
- Proactively seeks and accomplishes tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.