POSITION SUMMARY Strike’s Management Trainee Program is an entry-level leadership program that is designed for applicants who are interested in pursuing a career in energy and industrial construction. Management Trainees receive hands-on field construction experience and technical training. Technical training includes both field and classroom exposure to project management, cost control, scheduling, safety management, quality management, estimating and proposal delivery, finance, administration, and business development. With skilled supervision, a variety of field-based operational training, exposure to a variety of functional areas, and mentoring to ensure the success of our graduates, this leadership program prepares graduates for a variety of supervisory-level opportunities at Strike. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect, and fairness. POSITION DETAILS This program will involve “hands-on” field work, which is physically demanding and labor intensive. It will require working extended hours on projects located in various locations across Western Canada. Applicants should be interested in pursuing a career in field construction and/or project management and must be mobile and willing to relocate to the Bonnyville area for the duration of the program. The program is typically two to three years in duration but is dependent on the Trainee’s previous experience and accomplishments during the program. Candidates completing the Management Trainee Program will have the opportunity to pursue a career in a variety of roles in either operational supervisory roles or other functional and project-related positions in the organization. The program offers an hourly rate with a guaranteed monthly minimum and pays overtime when extended hours of work are involved. A comprehensive benefit plan is also included. CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Live by the values of our company
- Create and maintain all proper site and project-specific documentation including reports, files, and communications
- Assist in project scheduling including personnel and production timelines
- Assist in developing bid proposal packages
- Assist in developing and administering quality control turnover packages
- Attend workplace health and safety committee meetings
- Enforce and follow all proper construction codes and specifications in jurisdictions
- Conduct hazard assessments
- Conduct job planning and benchmarking
- Assist with corporate estimating
- Assist in the development and management of assigned projects
- Administer worksite inspections
- Conduct quality control audits
- Deliver quality assurance
- Participate in all aspects of construction execution and service in various industries
- Applicants must be a certified Journeyperson Electrician
- Applicants must have industrial construction experience.
- Supervisory and quality control experience is an asset but not required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug & alcohol testing
- Must be willing to travel to work sites
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Comfortable working outdoors
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike, we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at the Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike, we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety-focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.