POSITION SUMMARY Strike’s Project Coordinator provides administrative project management. The coordinator is responsible for overseeing cost activities, document control and estimating on construction projects of all sizes. The project coordinator analyzes and forecasts project costs and provides detailed project information related to contractual schedule, scope and cost, recommending improvements or corrective actions for the project. This is a term position for the duration of a currently ongoing project with the possibility for extension. POSITION LOCATION
- This will be a full-time term position based out of our Calgary Electric & Instrumentation location
- Understand full project scope and reference documents, including contracts, reports, and drawings.
- Track project scope and data in Excel and other required software.
- Provide cost management, maintenance, and reporting.
- Support site managers and supervisors in interpreting contracts and schedules.
- Maintain document controls such as RFIs, scope changes, trends, drawings, etc.
- Log and track all Change Orders and Trends.
- Maintain logs for material requisitions, purchase orders, construction equipment owner/leased and rented, fuel, scope changes, trends, document transmittals, etc.
- Effectively communicate design issues through the use of RFIs and redlines
- Applicants should be recent graduates, or expecting to graduate shortly with a technical diploma or degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college, university, or technical school. Your application should include a cover letter & resume explaining your interest and motivation.
- Consideration will be given to Journeyperson Electricians with minimum 2 years of field experience and previous office/supervisory roles
- Proven proficiency in cost control and project coordination within the industrial construction environment
- Strong computer skills with focus on MS Office. Emphasis on Excel as well as Adobe Acrobat or similar PDF editing software
- Exemplary professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Meticulous record-keeping skills
- Capable of working independently with minimal direction
- Possesses an eye for detail
- Proactively seeks and accomplishes tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations across Alberta and Saskatchewan. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.