Requisition Id: 24672
Department: Project Engineering Area
Pembina’s Pipeline Engineering and Construction (PEC), part of the Pipelines Division, is hiring for and Electrical Engineer, Projects position.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Project Engineering, the individual will be an experienced working Engineer that will support opportunities across Pembina’s pipeline infrastructure and projects.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Co-ordinate and manage outside engineering consultants, specialty consultants, and contractors for the execution of design, procurement of materials and equipment, construction and commissioning of pipeline facilities;
- Seek cost effective engineering solutions to the work while maintaining;
- Compliance with Code, Regulatory ,Environmental and Pembina specifications;
- Collaborate with the Project Team, Operations, and others within the organization to ensure safe, efficient, and cost-effective delivery of assigned projects;
- Review and approve engineering documents prepared by EPC consultants, contractors and suppliers;
- Support project managers with development of scope of works for RFP packages as well as the technical and commercial bid evaluation process;
- Actively participate in design reviews and process hazard assessments;
- Ensure that projects satisfy all safety, technical, operational, commercial, maintenance, and quality requirements as defined in our specifications, standards, and practices;
- Provide engineering technical support in field during construction, commissioning and start up activities;
- Understand and translate business requirements into effective project execution and construction strategies;
- Identify, analyze, and manage projects risks; and
- Participate and support an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering with eligibility for P.Eng registration. 5+ years of relevant engineering experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of HV, MV, and LV electrical design including VFD, MCC, motors, transformers, UPS, and E-House design;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Control Systems, networking and instrumentation design;
- Demonstrated knowledge of power system design including preparation of coordination, short circuit, motor starting, and arc flash studies;
- Previous relay settings development (SEL, GE, ABB, Schneider) would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge / ability to produce Material Requisitions;
- Demonstrated experience in project coordination between engineering, field execution teams, commissioning teams, and code inspectors;
- Experience in PLC programming would be considered an asset, specifically Modicon and Rockwell;
- Effective project leader with the ability to organize, influence, problem solve, present, and communicate effectively;
- Driven, results-oriented individual who naturally takes responsibility for setting standards and achieving results working with teams in a collaborative environment;
- Self-directed and capable of prioritizing competing commitments within a continuously changing climate, instilling confidence while creating strong relationships quickly;
- Technical knowledge of liquids pipeline hydraulics, pumps, tanks, metering, quality control, instrumentation equipment, pipelines and related equipment would be considered an asset;
- Field experience in electrical, automation and controls commissioning of
- Field experience with pipelines, facility construction and operation would be considered an asset;
- Commitment to continuously act in an environmentally and socially conscientious manner to maintain the dependability, integrity, and safety of Pembina’s work sites and systems; and
- Based in our Calgary Office, you will be required to travel periodically to the project areas.
This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” so will require Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Testing. You may also be required to provide a Driver’s Abstract.
Pembina offers a competitive total rewards compensation package which includes base salary plus incentive programs, pension and savings plans and comprehensive health benefit programs and packages. Pembina also provides a hybrid work arrangement.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement or volunteer opportunities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2022), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2022) and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.