POSITION SUMMARY Electrical QA/QC Leads provide QMS, code, regulatory, and project specification oversight to ensure project compliance during fabrication including review and completion of project QA/QC materials and welding compliance, inspection, and testing activities at the project site. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect, and fairness. Note: This posting will be used to collect applications to fill current openings as well as anticipated future openings. Future openings are anticipated but not guaranteed. CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Previous experience in a similar role an asset
- Strong communicator (Both written and verbal)
- Able to follow Inspection and Test Plans and perform a variety of inspections outlined in the ITP
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code
- Ensures installations are compliant with applicable Codes/Standards
- Practical knowledge of metering and test equipment
- Ability to perform electrical inspections and tests.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bluebeam Experience an asset.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel to remote locations on shift rotation.
- Document retention
- Completion of Project Turnover to Clients
- Verify that all site activities comply with the quality codes and standards.
- Distribute quality control documentation to site sub-contractors.
- Provide appropriate feedback to management regarding QA/QC matters.
- Perform pre-inspections and assist with material receiving processes to ensure that all fabricated and installed materials conform with the applicable standards, drawings, and specifications.
- Continually monitor work in progress via the QC audit process
- Possess a valid Electrician Journeyperson certificate issued by the appropriate provincial or federal authority.
- Industrial/energy industry experience an asset.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug & alcohol testing.
- Must be willing to travel to work sites.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.