Electrician Apprentice Summary Strike’s Apprentice Electricians possess the full range of knowledge required to install, connect, test, and maintain electrical systems for a variety of purposes, including climate control, security, lighting, power sources and communications. Preference will be given to Electricians who have industrial or commercial construction experience, Oil and Gas experience, experience working away from home on shift work, and a good track record of safe and high quality workmanship. Key Electrician Responsibilities
- Install, alter, repair, maintain various electrical systems and related equipment
- Read and interpret electrical and mechanical code specifications
- Plan layout and illustration of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures based on job specifications and local codes.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, to ensure compliance with codes.
- May supervise apprentice electricians
Preferred Electrician Education and Experience
- Posses a valid certificate of qualification issued by the appropriate province or federal authority
- Valid Driver’s License
- Industrial / Oil and Gas experience an asset.
- Must pass pre-employment Alcohol and Drug Test
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with 15 locations in BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, recognition and service awards, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.