POSITION SUMMARY Our Journeyman electricians possess the full range of knowledge required to install, connect, test, and maintain electrical systems for a variety of purposes, including climate control, security, lighting, power sources and communications. POSITION DETAILS/ LOCATION
- A successful candidate for this position will be local to Fort Saskatchewan or surrounding areas
- Travel to and from project sites will be a requirement of this role
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Must be willing to travel out of town
- Possess a valid certificate of qualification issued by the appropriate province or federal authority
- Valid Driver’s License
- Industrial / Oil and Gas experience is required
- Must pass pre-employment Alcohol and Drug Test (zero tolerance)
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.