Electrician – Journeyman POSITION SUMMARY Our electricians possess the full range of knowledge required to install, connect, test, and maintain electrical systems for a variety of purposes, including climate control, security, lighting, power sources and communications. CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Must be a Journeyman Electrician
- Must have oil and gas/heavy industrial experience
- Must be willing to travel to project sites if and when required
- Construction experience would be considered an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have the ability to pass a Alcohol & Drug test
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations across Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, recognition and service awards, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.