Coil Tubing Operator – Red Deer, AB and Carlyle, SK
Element Technical Services is an industry leading pressure pumping oilfield services company. The Coil Tubing Operator is responsible for operating equipment in a safe and appropriate manner, working as part of a crew. Reporting to the Coil Tubing Lead Operator, the Coil Tubing Operator will operate oilfield equipment including tractor trailer, picker and pick-up trucks. This position is eligible for a local schedule or rotational schedule (fly in/fly out).
· Operating various large duty equipment
· Understanding and knowledgeable of Preventative Maintenance requirements
· Performs proper maintenance and sampling schedules
· Able to redress BOP’s, Quads and Combi’s
· Responsible for N2 bottles including checking the pre-charge and knowing the functionality and specifications of the back up system.
· Knowledge and understanding of the CVIP requirements for all equipment
· Emergency shut-down procedures of the Rig and Picker
· Awareness and identification of the critical components listing
· Installation of reel and stabbing tube into the injector
· Tube to tube grapple and cable grapple
· Rotating joint and inspection requirements
· Responsible for picker set up and operational checklist
· Understanding of permit requirements for the Rig and Picker
· Remote setup of BOP controls
· Knowledge of tubing specifications, tensile yield, pressure and volume requirements
· Completes oil samples for tractor and COIL support
· Perform pre and post trip inspections on equipment operated, ensuring safety and roadworthiness
· Attend pre-job safety meetings
· Comply with applicable legislation including safe operation, driver’s hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods, fatigue management
· Maneuver equipment following appropriate hand signals.
· Maintain driver logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status.
· Maintains effective communication with co-workers
· Class 1 driver’s license with Air brake endorsement
· Satisfactory driving record
· Previous Coil Tubing/Pump experience
· Knowledge of truck and equipment safety
· Knowledge of equipment maintenance
· Strong oral and written communication abilities
· Use of timelines and time management
· High level of personal integrity
· Strong work ethic
· Professional demeanor under stressful situations
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Work independently and effectively in a diverse working environment
· Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
· Travel to off-site locations required
· Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) e.g., coveralls, steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
· Hazards associated with the trade
· Working outdoors in all weather conditions
· Working from home for extended periods of time
To apply, please reply with an updated resume directly to this job posting.
For additional details about Element Technical Services, please visit our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/element-technical-services/
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.