Director of Engineering (Downhole Completions System Design)
About our Client:
Our client is a private oilfield services company based in Calgary, AB. Specializing in coil-conveyed technology for well completions operations.
General Statement of Duties:
The Director of our Client’s Engineering team, that provides the overall leadership and direction in all related technical and administrative duties towards a common corporate goal.
Reports directly to the General Manager.
- Direct supervision of the Engineering department’s managers, contract engineers and electronics lab staff.
- High level supervision of: Internal Engineering and Drafting staff, Document Control staff, Research and Development shop and field staff
Summary of Duties (Duties may include, but are not limited to the following):
- Investigate and evaluate new technologies and processes to improve products, competitive advantage and profitability at our client
- Guide the development of new technology under the scope and guidance of identified projects
- Assist with conceptual layouts and designs for approved new technology ideas as identified in the scope document
- Oversee all engineering needs related to Operations and Manufacturing, and response is a time sensitive manner
- Develop and manage all budgets and timelines for the department
- Create and maintain an evolving list for all active and potential R&D projects
- Identification and pre-qualification of third-party engineering and manufacturing firms when required
- Provide work assignments, tracking and status reporting for all supervised resources
- Technical oversight and final approval of internal and third-party designs, drawings and procedures
- Spearhead the development of standard engineering policies, procedures, and processes to maintain consistency and ensure compliance with APEGGA’s Permit to Practice
- Manage the incident tracking platform related to Engineering
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Service Quality Program across departments including Engineering, Operations and Manufacturing
- Support Quality Assurance initiatives across the organization
- Host and manage minutes at regularly scheduled engineering meetings
- Follow and abide by all current and future company policies
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks, AutoCAD, FEA, and Microsoft Office software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Thorough, with consistent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate effectively with the full cross-section of personnel within the company and other organizations
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a Canadian-accredited institution or equivalent
- Registered and active Professional Engineer in Alberta
- 15+ years relevant management, engineering and design experience
- Experience specific to oil and gas industry equipment as well as knowledge of associated manufacturers and equipment suppliers is a significant asset
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.