Job Opportunity – Senior Contract Analyst – Calgary, Alberta.
Emergy Personnel is exciting to be represent an exciting and unique opportunity for a Senior Contract Analyst to join a team within an established oil and gas company.
We are looking for any individual who is comfortable managing joint venture and land contracts, you do not need to be an expert but experience in both is required. Someone that shares a passion for innovation within the industry, considers themselves a forward thinker, and will not hesitate to utilize tech to help solve problems. You do-well working autonomously and are confident to act when needed. A member of the team that can be relied on to get the job done.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing expert knowledge and recommendations that consider the legal context and industry practices for the management of joint venture and land contracts.
- Transforming the landscape for the creation, execution, and governance of contracts through promotion of the latest technologies, techniques, and methods.
- Identifying, reviewing, and mitigating financial, legal, and commercial risks in coordination with other departments within the organization.
- Anticipating and responding to new business needs by leading the development and/or change of analytical systems, tasks, and procedures.
- Ensuring the company’s joint venture and land assets, and associated contracts are accurately reflected and well understood for decision making.
- Responsible for the full contract lifecycle management of joint venture and land agreements, including due diligence, preparation, review, minor negotiations, and post-closing activities.
- In-depth knowledge of all facility, infrastructure, service, operating, pooling, royalty and farmout agreements.
- Interpreting and providing guidance for joint venture and land agreement queries from production, operations, accounting, external stakeholders, etc
To meet the challenges of this role, we are seeking an enthusiastic, team-oriented self-starter with strong analytical and business acumen with a proven track record as follows.
- Innovative leader with experience evaluating and implementing creative solutions.
- An out of the box thinker who is comfortable sharing ideas that contribute to our change and innovation strategies.
- A willingness to learn new technologies and processes.
- Strong understanding of all areas of joint ventures and mineral land in Alberta.
- Minimum of 15 years directly related commercial and/or contracts management experience.
- A relevant post-secondary degree or diploma plus ongoing professional development would be considered an asset.
- PJVA, CAPLA and/or CAPL membership and extensive industry network.
- Working knowledge and experience with CS Land or CGI Landman, MS Word and MS Excel are required.
- Ability to perform under a high degree of autonomy and independence.
- Financial knowledge, skill in business and economic analysis with excellent communication skills would be considered an asset.
To apply to this job follow this link:
We appreciate all interest in the position – however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.