Emergy’s Client is a global leader in turnaround, general mechanical, fired heater, reformer and fabrication services in the Syngas, Petrochemical, Refining, and Energy Industries with a strong driven safety focus. Our client’s experience and attention to detail allows them to consistently serve these Industries with top of the line fabrication, construction, and turnaround services. Our client has opened its Canadian Operations and are now looking for a Business Development VP.
Vice President, Business Development
Emergy’s client is currently looking for an experienced Vice President, Business Development in Calgary, Canada who will be accountable for the Business Development functions of the organization.
This key role is a hands on working role responsible for developing and executing the sales and marketing strategy and will provide the overall vision, direction, and strategy necessary to ensure that the company has the proper business development controls in place to effectively provide market intelligence, grow the organization, and gain market share.
This role will be crucial in identifying, developing and directing the implementation of the company business development strategy as it relates to fabrication, construction and turnaround services. Initiating along with identifying rising business opportunities and building long term relationships with existing and prospective clients.
- Continually identify, build and develop new client business by pursuing business opportunities with strategic targets in key industries while cultivating relationships with existing clients.
- Interface directly with customers, to resolve high-level problems or enhance customer relationships.
- Introduce our client to the market and increase brand recognition.
- Effectively question, probe and listen in order to inform and lead to implementable actions and activities leading to a successful sales cycle.
- Build senior level relationships within existing client accounts and new prospect organizations.
- Professionally and effectively communicate company solutions to existing customers and new prospects through presentations, written proposals, RFP responses and regular business correspondence.
- Investigate, research and seek information that will lead to a successful sales strategy that creates a selling advantage for a targeted opportunity.
- Ability to link and apply technologies to identified and targeted business outcomes for existing customers and new prospects.
- Create compelling solutions that satisfy customer business outcomes that are differentiated to position the company as the desired or preferred partner and solution provider.
- Create sound financial proposals that meet the company’s business expectations.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- PMP, MBA or other business-related educations would be considered an asset.
- 10+ years of well-rounded marketing, sales or business development experience in positions of increasing responsibility with a focus on market expansion within the O&G Petrochemical industry.
- Extensive experience in sales and marketing strategies with vast knowledge of the industrial turnaround environment.
- Successful and consistent track record of sales delivery.
- Outstanding strategic vision and negotiating skills.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the promotion of all services offered.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral, as well as excellent listening skills.
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to develop trust and credibility.
- A deep understanding of the WCSB (Wester Canadian Sedimentary Basin).
- A list of well-established key accounts and relationships in both supply chain and operations from prior roles with references therefrom are a definite asset.
- Experience with startups or corporate expansions and strong related skills developed as a result.
- Passion and drive with great communication skills, alongside clearly identifiable personal values that match our client’s corporate values and culture.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates that meet the minimum qualifications and are selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Business Development
- Account Management
- Market Intelligence
- Business Strategy