Emissions Engineer (Environmental & Sustainability)
Reference Code: 87542
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Engineering
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 09/26/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Our Environment and Sustainability team is seeking an Emissions Engineer to support our emission reduction objectives and to advance sustainability focused initiatives within the organization. The Environment and Sustainability team is responsible to support Projects, Operations and Commercial requirements to implement the Canada Gas Environment & Sustainability strategy for meeting Climate Change Canada (ECCC) Regulations, this includes Methane Reduction, Multi-Sector Air Pollutant Regulation (MSAPR – NOx) Reduction, and environmental TOPs management.
As the Emissions Engineer, you will maintain strong relationships by partnering collaboratively with internal stakeholders (e.g. Projects, Air Emissions, Operations, Commercial, Pipeline Integrity, Regulatory, IS, Technical Centre, SCM, Environment, etc.) to ensure alignment and support of Facility Reliability & Integrity (FRI) department objectives.
What you’ll do
- Analyze Canada Gas emissions data and collaborate with stakeholders to identify emission reduction opportunities
- Facilitate the evaluation of internal emission reduction concepts – assess validity, confirm technical feasibility, and assess opportunity to implement
- Prepare funding proposals (internal and external) to support the advancement of emission reduction opportunities
- Support development of an alternative Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) programs that is economical and effective
- Coordinate and submit permit extensions to the regulator as part of the Leak Detection and Repair Program (LDAR)
- Produce high-quality, clear, accurate, and complete technical and project documentation within established deadlines
- Educate and support project staff on the current strategies for engineering and project execution on environment and sustainability requirements to achieve consistent, repeatable, predictable outcomes
- Coordinate with the Facility Asset Management team to update engineering standards, standard drawings, templates and playbooks for Canada Gas Projects and Integrity Plans, TOPS, Task Lists, Site Specific Instruction, Specifications and Standards for Operations
- Identify new technologies and processes to progress the Canada Gas environment and sustainability strategy development and goals, real-time asset monitoring for condition-based assessments, and predictive asset management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 6 years of related industry experience
- An understanding of emission sources within facilities as well as design and technological solutions to minimize / mitigate emissions
- Experience in reading and understanding various engineering / design drawings to assess construction requirements (P&ID’s, Alignment sheets, IFC, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills – intermediate Power BI experience along with other Microsoft software packages
- Experience with Compressor facility design, operational maintenance plans, and integrity programs
- Experience with Greenhouse gas emissions quantification
- Previous experience and familiarity with federal / provincial Environmental Regulations
- Experience evaluating emission abatement opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership across multiple groups without direct control
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License
- Provide a driver’s abstract for review
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 09/26/2021 using reference code 87542. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.